Librarian: Ms. Hoecker (pronounced Miz Heck-er)
Library Assistant: Mrs. Oroszi (pronounced Mis-iz Or-Zee)
Library Aide: Mrs. DeLeon
Hours: 7:40 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Be On Task
Selecting Appropriate Books
Our library collection is for grades 6 through 12. Since we serve such a wide range of grades, our younger students are advised that some of our books are written for older students.
The library catalog indicates the “Interest Level” of each book. Interest levels include Grades 5-8 (Middle School), Young Adult (High School), and Adult.
Please talk to the Librarian if you have any questions or concerns.
Reading levels, emotional maturity, and parental expectations vary greatly. Determining what is appropriate is a very individual decision for each student.
Be mindful of what your parent or guardian would consider appropriate for you. Use good judgment in making your reading selections.
If you check out a book and then realize that it isn't for you, just return it. Maybe you will be ready for it in another year or so.
After 8:30 a.m. you must have a pass. Students on the same pass should arrive together and leave together.
Middle School students do need a pass during lunch.
- You need to plan ahead for a lunch pass. Ask one of your morning teachers for a lunch pass.
- After you become a regular library visitor, you may ask the Media Center staff for a permanent lunch pass.
High School students do not need a pass during lunch.
Sign In & Out (Unless you are with a teacher)
When you enter the Media Center:
- Use one of the Chromebooks at the circulation desk to sign in.
- Place your pass in the bin.
If you leave before the bell:
- Retrieve your pass.
- Sign out.
- Stamp your pass at the time clock.
If you leave after the bell:
- You do not have to sign out.
- Leave your pass here.
Check Out Basics
• You may check out up to 3 items using our self checkout system. Ask for help any time.
• Books check out for 3 weeks.
You may renew a book one time as long as no one has placed a hold on the book.
• Magazines check out for 3 weeks.
You may renew a magazine one time.
• Self Check-In is available in the Media Center or you may place items in the book return box in the Middle School mall area.
• Overdue fines are 10¢ a day for each item.
You may pay your fines or bring in canned food. One can of food will clear $1 in fines.
• You will be charged for damaged or lost items.
Charges for damaged or lost items must be paid in cash or check (no canned food).